The Capstan Team has been on the road this fall, meeting and greeting clients and colleagues all over the map. We’ve spent the last two months sharing our knowledge, collaborating with industry experts, and making certain that we are thoroughly prepared for what’s sure to be an eventful Tax Season. We thought readers might enjoy taking a virtual road trip with Capstan – hop in! We’ve been traveling from coast to coast, connecting with you.
In the last few months the Capstan team has participated in no less than six trade shows — consulting with clients, creating new relationships, and gaining up-to-the-minute knowledge of the latest industry trends and forecasts.
- Founding Partner Bruce Johnson and Sales Consultant Carly Ferris made a splash at the NAIOP Converge Convention in Chicago. (The Commercial Real Estate Development Association, formerly the National Association for Industrial and Office Parks, if the acronym threw you…)
- Las Vegas was really “Convention City” for us this fall, with the Team participating in three different shows right on the Strip.
- Managing Partner Terri Johnson was an in-demand speaker at the AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) Auto Dealership Convention, lecturing on the subject of “Auto Dealer Refreshes: Managing Tax Deductions to Maximize Cash Flow Today.”
- Staff Engineer David Stephens represented the team at the American Society of Cost Segregation Professionals (ASCSP) Convention.
- The dynamic duo of Bruce and Carly attended the AICPA Construction and Real Estate Conference, focusing on the evolution of the industry and the potential impact new legislation may bring.
- The “Big Apple” also proved to be hopping this fall, with team members in the city weekly.
- Capstan was a first-time exhibitor at the NY/CT Association of Tax Professionals Convention (NYCTATP). Carly and the Capstan team were thrilled to be part of this Convention for the very first time.
- Bruce and Carly hit the road yet again to be part of the New York Self Storage Association (NYSSA) Member Conference. Bruce has a longstanding history with NYSSA, and he particularly enjoyed reconnecting with so many colleagues.
In-House CPE/Speaking Engagements
In addition to our more general webinars, Capstan has long offered customized in-house CPE courses tailored to the needs of a specific firm. Bruce recently flew to Minnesota to give a general overview of cost segregation and related studies.
Terri also participated in a different type of group presentation. She headed up to the Lehigh Valley to serve as on a CREW panel (Commercial Real Estate Women.) The discussion was centered on strategies that transform challenges into opportunities, and Terri was among excellent company.
Cost Segregation Success
Our engineers are always traveling, and time on the road is nothing unusual for them. However, they have traveled to some particularly lovely and noteworthy destinations lately.
Staff Engineer LyChou Kouai spent over two weeks in California working on a number of projects. She was extremely busy, but still managed to capture this incredible tree.
While on a site visit, David realized he was not far at all from the world-famous Hoover Dam. He made it a point to stop there on his way back home, and shared some stunning photos with us.
And a Champion Born
You may know that Bruce is quite the athlete, making fitness a priority and inspiring folks around our office. You probably don’t know that Bruce recently achieved an exceptional feat. He successfully completed three so-called “Spartan Races” in one calendar year – the fabled “Trifecta.” The races are loaded with challenging obstacles, and test stamina, strength, and mental fortitude. Bruce is our Capstan Champion.