RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT (R&D) TAX CREDIT SERVICESWe Partner Directly With Business Owners and Their Tax Professionals SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Including Attorneys, Tax Professionals, and Engineers
in Federal and state
R&D Tax Credits
R&D Tax Credit Studies Completed
PRECISE | RESPONSIVE | TRUSTWORTHY
What is the R&D Tax Credit?
The federal R&D Tax Credit is a general business tax credit for companies that incur R&D expenses in the United States. The tax credit, which was originally introduced in 1981, is intended to incentivize companies to develop new and improved products and processes. In addition to the federal tax credit, about 40 states have their own R&D tax credit initiatives.
With a dollar-for-dollar reduction in federal and state tax liability, the credit provides improved cash flow, offering up to 10 cents in benefit for every qualifying dollar identified in a performed study. The credit is permanent, and may be carried back one tax year and forward up to 20 years.
What Qualifies for the R&D Tax Credit?
Qualifying activities include:
• Development of products or processes using specific know-how that is treated as a trade secret or is patentable.
• Simulations, modeling, and systematic trial and error processes to develop or improve a product, process, technique, formula, invention, or software.
• Improvement of manufacturing processes.
• Evaluation of engineering design iterations.
• Improvement of existing products to enhance energy efficiencies to meet regulatory requirements.
• Attempt to develop a product or process improvement that was eventually abandoned. A project does not have to be successful to be eligible.
What Industries Commonly Conduct Eligible Research?
• Software and Technology
• Food and Beverage Production
• Architecture and Construction
• Printing and Packaging
• Life Sciences
How Does the R&D Credit Apply to Your Business?
· Learn more about R&D Tax Credits
· Review your situation and evaluate opportunities
· Calculate a tax savings estimate
R&D TAX CREDIT STUDIES
Including all Raw Data, Tables, Visual Representations
of Data, and Thorough Analysis
Efficient Report Delivery
Most are Completed within 3-6 Months-Half the Industry Average
On-Site Data Collection
Ensures all Possible Qualified Expenses are Captured
No Unexpected Additional Fees
Subject Matter Experts
In Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Software, Manufacturing, and Life Sciences
ARCHITECTURE & ENGINEERING
FOOD, BEVERAGE, & HEALTH
PRODUCT DESIGN & MANUFACTURING
R&D Tax Credits FAQ
Download our guide to the most frequently asked questions about the R&D Tax Credit.
Throughout the project, the Company relied on the principles of engineering to create a metal wall panel system that met the required performance, functionality, and reliability standards. For example, the Company utilized the principles of mechanical engineering to evaluate the impacts of varying panel materials and thicknesses on the building’s structure.
Throughout the project, the Company relied on the principles of computer science to achieve the most appropriate software design. For example, the Company evaluated and tested various algorithms and source codes throughout the project to establish functional specifications that satisfied the performance and reliability requirements.
Capstan Tax Strategies
200 Dryden Road
Dresher, PA 19025